Currently Enrolling for: Business, IT Helpdesk, Quality Assurance, or Client Services
Year Up Los Angeles is pleased to present an exciting new opportunity – job training to fast-track you towards a career in Business, IT Helpdesk, Quality Assurance, or Client Services.
In January 2021, Year Up launched an innovative, accelerated program in Los Angeles. Building on Year Up’s 20 years of experience helping to prepare talented young adults for the workforce, this program combines our demonstrated outcomes and best practices with new, accelerated learning opportunities.
Our next program begins in January 2022. We are looking for qualified individuals to participate in a 24-week, full-time, paid internship with FORTUNE 1000 companies. Once accepted to the program, applicants will participate in a 2-week interactive bootcamp, job training to build professional skills and a strong career portfolio in preparation for a hiring event with committed employers. After a series of interviews, candidates will be selected to enter the internship or receive employment assistance from YUPRO (Year Up’s award-winning staffing firm).
- Professional Skill Bootcamp where you learn the professional skills that top companies are searching for
- Daily virtual sessions with a personal learning coach & learning community to hone your professional skills
- Support, tools, and experience to build a strong professional network and career portfolio
- Opportunity to gain a full-time job through two different pathways:
- A full-time, paid internship experience
- Access to YUPRO’s personalized staffing services and professional coaching services to help with job placement
- Age Range: 18-30
- Must have high school diploma or GED
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Must live in proximity to Los Angeles
- Must be able to commit to a full-time (M-F, 9-5) 6-month internship from February 2022 to July 2022
Top Skills Needed to Apply
- Computer Systems Literacy (Windows, Linux and Mac)
- Computer Systems Administration
- Operating Systems Management (basic features of UI and script-based administrative tools)
- Ticketing System Navigation (Zendesk, Remedy, etc.)
- Business Foundations and Navigation
- Customer-Based Communication (written and verbal, relationship building)
- Team-Based Project Coordination (Including Problem Analysis, Team-Based Project Execution, and Team Communications)
- Data Management, Analysis & Reporting (Sorting, Filtering, Conditional formatting, basic formulas, charts, tables, VLOOKUPS and PivotTables)
- Business communications (written email communication, public speaking, and professional writing)
- Data analysis, database navigation
- Business tool usage (email and calendar use and management, computer systems navigation)
- Self-awareness and self-development
- Customer Written and Verbal Communications
- Company Brand Representation
- Client-Facing Presentation
- Client Service Fundamentals (Multi-task execution, call script usage, note-taking, escalation, and more)
If you have any questions, or would like additional information on this program, please reach out to LAAdmissions@yearup.org.
Our local partners are essential to our success. Here are some making an impact in your area.