How you can become a Year Up student
Training begins in January and August. Applications are considered on a rolling basis, until the class is filled. We are now accepting applicants for January 2019! We encourage you to apply early as space is limited.
Step 1: Submit an Interest Form
Take a moment to let us know you’re interested in applying. Fill out an interest form online.
Step 2: Attend an Information Session
Come by and see what we’re all about! Once you complete a student interest form here, you will receive details for an online Information Session or the option to RSVP for an in-person Information Session. Year Up National Capital Region is located at the following locations:
- National Capital Region – Alexandria Campus: Northern Virginia Community College, 500 Dawes Ave, Alexandria, VA 22311
- National Capital Region – Arlington Campus: 1901 South Bell Street Suite 100, Arlington (Crystal City), VA 22202 – We are one block away from the Crystal City METRO Station.
- National Capital Region – Woodbridge Campus: Northern Virginia Community College, 2645 College Drive, Woodbridge VA 22191
Step 3: Complete the Application
Complete the electronic application that will be emailed to you following the online interest form.
Your application will need to include:
- Application packet
- Career Track Essay
- References (see application)
- Copy of high school diploma or GED certificate
- Official high school/college transcripts
- Proof of citizenship, social security card, and/or birth certificate
Please plan to bring ALL your supplemental information with you to your interview.
Step 4: Appointments & Interviews
Once you attend an Information Session and complete your application, if you are qualified, you can expect to return to Year Up for several other appointments throughout the admissions process. These appointments include an academic assessment, as well as a group and one-on-one interview. For all appointments and interviews, be prepared to arrive on time and dressed in professional attire.
Applicants who are accepted to Year Up will be notified via phone or mail.