You can apply to be a Year Up student if you are:
- 18-24 years old
- High school graduate or GED recipient
- Of low to moderate income
- A U.S. Citizen, permanent resident, or have an employment authorization card
- Available 5 days a week (Monday-Friday) for the full year of the program
- Highly motivated to learn new technical and professional skills
- Have not obtained a bachelor’s degree
Do you have DACA Status? Year Up strongly supports DACA and welcomes young adults with DACA status. For more information, visit our DACA Guidance page.
Apply for a life-changing experience at Year Up.
90% of graduates are employed or enrolled in post-secondary education within 4 months of graduation and earn an average starting salary of $44,000 per year.*
Classes begin in January and August. Applications are considered on a rolling basis until the class is filled. We encourage you to apply early as space is limited.
*This metric represents the average starting wages we have seen at our Year Up Bay Area locations over the last three cohorts. Year Up Los Angeles will have updated data once we receive official Class 1 outcomes.