You can apply to be a Year Up student if you are:
- 18-24 years old
- High school graduate or GED recipient
- Of low to moderate income
- A U.S. Citizen, permanent resident, or have an employment authorization card
- Available 5 days a week (Monday-Friday) for the full year of the program
- Highly motivated to learn new technical and professional skills
- Have not obtained a bachelor’s degree
Do you have DACA Status? Year Up strongly supports DACA and welcomes young adults with DACA status. For more information, visit our DACA Guidance page.
The Year Up Difference
Why Year Up? Unlike technical schools and online programs, we don’t just train you for a job, we prepare you for a career in either IT. Then we provide you with the opportunity to really prove yourself during a six-month internship at a Fortune 500 company.
The only investment we require is your time and commitment. In fact, Year Up students receive a stipend throughout the entire program. So you earn while you learn. Because we believe that everyone has the potential to succeed, that’s our investment in you.
Classes begin in March and September. Applications are considered on a rolling basis until the class is filled. We encourage you to apply early as space is limited.