Who Can Apply
How you can become a Year Up student.
Apply for a life-changing experience at Year Up.
Year Up Atlanta is now accepting application for classes beginning in March 2014.85% of our graduates are employed earning $16/hour ($32,000/year) on average or are attending college within four months of completing the program. You could be next.
Please note: An evaluation funded by the federal government is being conducted to determine how Year Up helps people increase their skills and find jobs. There will be more applicants than spaces available in this program. Individuals who are eligible for the program and agree to participate in the study will be selected into the program based on a lottery.
You can apply to be a Year Up student if you are:
- 18-24 years old
- High school graduate or GED recipient
- Of low to moderate income
- A U.S. Citizen, permanent resident, or have an employment authorization card
- Available 5 days a week (Monday-Friday) for the full year of the program
- Highly motivated to learn new technical and professional skills
- Have not obtained a bachelor’s degree
Do you have DACA Status? Year Up strongly supports DACA and welcomes young adults with DACA status. For more information, visit our DACA Guidance page.
Questions about eligibility? Select a location above and contact your local admissions office to learn more.