Make a difference. Enable Career Opportunity for All.
During this unprecedented time, you can still use your knowledge, experience, and perspective to support young adults in their professional journey. Here are some ways to get involved.
Due to COVID-19, we are pausing some of our volunteer experiences, such as mentoring. Virtual volunteer opportunities vary by location and may include:
- Tutoring students who need extra support in their coursework.
- Reviewing resumes and offering feedback and guidance to help students present their growing skill set in the best light possible.
- Conducting virtual mock interviews to give students experience with the corporate interview process and help them perfect answers to commonly asked questions.
- Sharing your story and insights with young adults entering the corporate world as a guest speaker or panelist.
- Interest Form
- Please contact the Year Up campus closest to you for details.
What Volunteers Say
Join us in empowering the next generation of talent.
“Mentoring has been a way for me to help address the Opportunity Divide in my community. It’s the most rewarding volunteer work I’ve experienced.”
Reach back to help lift others.
"I’ve stayed connected with Year Up since I graduated. I’ve referred students, mentored students, attended events, and am the Chair of the Boston Alumni Board. It's very important and meaningful to me to help provide the opportunities I had to others."
Impact the lives of young adults in meaningful ways.
“For me, seeing was believing. One visit to the Year Up campus, and I was hooked. The energy and passion were real. And I wanted to be part of it.”
COVID-19 Impact Fund
Even virtually, you can still make a difference by staying involved. If you have the means to give, Year Up has set up a COVID-19 Impact Fund to support costs incurred in our transition to virtual program delivery as well as to address the increased risk to our fundraising and corporate engagement revenue sources given the economic impact of this crisis. During this turbulent time, your generosity makes a huge difference.Donate