Guide a young adult to success.
The mentor program is part of the core program model at Year Up Greater Boston. Our mentors provide professional advice, career and educational planning support, and networking opportunities. Mentoring is an especially personal and rewarding way to impact a young adult’s life.
Applications for mentors for the class of January 2020 are now being accepted and are due by April 12th, 2019. If you’re interested in applying, complete your application, today!
“My mentor genuinely had my best interest and my goals for growth at heart. As a result, I blossomed into the person I am today. She taught me to reach for the stars and that no goal was “too big” to achieve. I can’t thank her enough for her time. We all need someone who inspires us to do better than we know how. I’m glad I met my mentor.” -Tina Le
–Tina Le, Class of January 2018
The Year Up Greater Boston mentor program is focused on the professional development of our students. All of our mentors must be able to make the commitment to spend regular, consistent time with their Year Up mentee for one year.
- You have a passion for working with urban young adults (18 – 24 years old), an unshakable belief in their potential, and a strong commitment to the mission of Year Up
- You have a sincere desire to help your mentee achieve personal and professional goals
- You are committed to diversity and inclusion
- You have professional work experience and a professional network
- You are at least 25 years old
- You can commit to being matched with your mentee for at least 12 months
- You are comfortable with the personal and logistical expectations of being a mentor (see below)
**We encourage professionals of color from the Boston area to apply **
- Mentors are expected to meet in person at least once per month and attend at least one networking event.
- You will communicate via text, phone, or email weekly throughout the duration of your match year.
- Mentors are encouraged to be open and flexible in accommodating the meeting times and locations of the mentee.
- Mentor Orientation is required for all mentors. Additional (optional) training will be provided throughout the year.
Please fill out the YEAR UP GREATER BOSTON MENTOR APPLICATION FORM. This application will be provided to your mentee once matched to learn more about their potential mentor, so the more details you provide, the better.