Welcome to National Capital Region - Manassas Campus
Explore location-specific job training, start dates, corporate internship partners, and more! Year Up National Capital Region’s (NCR) Manassas Campus offers a Mechatronics Training Specialty program to prepare young adults for in-demand roles across the rapidly-growing field of mechatronics engineering.
10500 Battleview Parkway
Manassas, VA 20108
Fall 2022 Training
Students at the Manassas Campus will be dually-enrolled at Northern Virginia Community College (NOVA) and Year Up, taking a combination of Year Up classes and college courses through NOVA’s A.A.S degree program in Engineering Technology.
Following the Learning and Development training phase, students will go on to apply their skills during a corporate internship with Micron Technology, gaining essential hands-on experience in their Fabrication Laboratory in Manassas. Throughout the entire program, students will earn an educational stipend and receive coaching and high support from Year Up.
2022 Program - Mechatronics Overview
· Mechatronics is a multidisciplinary field that combines several types of engineering—electrical, computer, and mechanical—and refers to the skill sets needed in the contemporary, advanced automated manufacturing industry. At the intersection of mechanics, electronics, and computing, mechatronics specialists create simpler, smarter systems making it an essential foundation for the expected growth in automation and manufacturing. Mechatronics is an industry buzzword synonymous with robotics and electromechanical engineering. Robotics, control systems, and electro-mechanical systems fall under mechatronics.
· Through NOVA’s A.A.S Engineering Technology program, students will learn to take theoretical concepts and turn them into practical solutions through courses such as:
· Intro to Computer Applications & Concepts
· Intro to Mechatronics
· Basic Technical Mathematics
· AD & DC Circuit Fundamentals
· Electric Motor Control
· Schematics & Mechanical Diagrams
· Intro to Lean Manufacturing & Six Sigma
· Team Concepts in Problem Solving
· Industrial Safety
Mechatronics Role Pathways
· Students who complete the Mechatronics program will be equipped to enter entry-level roles across a variety of fields: Engineering, Electronics, Industrial Design, Automation, Robotics, and more.
· Mechatronics specialists can do quite a bit across multiple engineering disciplines and have a solid base from which to grow. Specialists know both mechanical and electrical engineering fundamentals—they speak both languages—so they can work with both mechanical and engineering teams. Mechatronics specialists work with massive industrial robots, smaller robots in pick-and-place operations, control systems for bottling or packaging of food and drink products, drones, designing control systems for rides in amusement parks, and prototype development.
Corporate Internship Partners
Earn a 6-month internship at a top company, and put your training to work with valuable real-world experience.
Example Internship Partners
Academic & Community Partners
Our local partners are essential to our success. Here are some making an impact in your area.