Application Development & Support
Year Up Graduate Outcomes
of graduates employed and/or enrolled in postsecondary education within 4 months of program completion
average starting annual salary of Year Up graduates
of graduates are satisfied with Year Up
Application Development & Support Typical Job Tasks
- Work in an agile software team to develop and release a product in increments, navigating multilayer problem solving
- Work with clients and development teams to build technical requirements for a software request or user story
- Update, fix, and write simple code that meets software specifications and passes code reviews
- Assist with debugging, testing, and releasing features and bug fixes to production
- 18-29 years old
- High school graduate or GED
- Low to moderate income
- U.S. citizenship, permanent resident, DACA recipient, or employment authorization card
- Live within commuting distance of a Year Up location. Although Year Up has shifted to a hybrid program model, you must be able to regularly attend in-person days throughout the duration of the program
- Have not obtained a Bachelor’s degree
- Available five days a week (M-F) for the entire duration of the program
- Highly motivated to learn new technical and professional skills
More information about vaccination requirements can be found here.
Do you have DACA status?
Year Up strongly supports DACA and welcomes young adults with DACA status. For more, see our DACA GUIDANCE page.