Believe in your work and be proud of it
Year Up is an award-winning national non-profit organization committed to closing the Opportunity Divide for young adults. We believe that distribution of talent across communities is equal–opportunity is not. We know that when low-income young adults have the opportunity, they can be active leaders and contributors to the workforce. We envision a world where everyone has the access to opportunity they need to be successful. We’re passionate about serving our students and producing top talent.
Does that sound like you? Join our team.
Get to know Year Up
There’s a lot to consider when looking for a new job. Take a moment to hear why our team loves coming to work each day, and learn what it’s like to join our movement to close the Opportunity Divide.
Meet our team
When you join Year Up, you join a community that lives its organizational values. From our feedback culture, to our emphasis on professional growth, to our diversity and inclusion work, find out why Year Up is more than a job. It’s a family.
What is it like to work at Year Up?
Young adults are at the center of our work. To best serve our young adults, we do things a little differently. Learn how we combine the accountability, focus, and impact-orientation of the corporate world with the passion and student engagement that is critical to our non-profit mission.
What to expect
Our commitment to applicants
Applying for a job can be nerve-wracking. Here’s what you can expect from us throughout the application process.
- We will do a great job explaining our mission, vision, and values: Year Up is mission-driven above all, and we want to be sure you have a thorough understanding of what drives us.
- “First class” treatment for all: Interviews are time consuming, and we appreciate you and your time and efforts. We strive to make the process as enjoyable and seamless as possible for you. We will ensure that the number of interviews is kept to an absolute minimum. In all but the rarest cases, you will have no more than two visits and no more than five interviews.
- A team-based approach: At Year Up, we believe that if we hire great people and involve them in the hiring process, we will hire more great people.
- An understanding of how we interview: We have learned that interviews focused on specific areas of interest lead to the best hires. In the interview, we will focus on your fit with our mission, the job, work style, and leadership skills.
- Clear communication: We will supply you with all of the relevant facts and information at each stage of the process. Before any interview, you will receive an agenda that explains who you are meeting and why.
- Timing: After a phone interview or in-person meeting, we will not leave you wondering! While interviews take time, we will get back to you in days, not weeks.
- Commitment to diversity: Year Up is an equal opportunity employer. Our inclusive organization offers a culture that is welcoming to all.
- A Year Up Ambassador for each candidate: Those invited to participate in an interview will be provided with a single point of contact at Year Up for scheduling and questions.
Connect with us