You can apply to be a Year Up student if you are:
- 18-24 years old
- High school graduate or GED recipient
- Of low to moderate income
- A U.S. Citizen, permanent resident, or have an employment authorization card
- Available 5 days a week (Monday-Friday) for the full year of the program
- Highly motivated to learn new technical and professional skills
Apply for a life-changing experience at Year Up.
Classes begin in March and September. Applications are considered on a rolling basis until the class is filled. We encourage you to apply early as space is limited.
Student Admissions and Success Metrics
Learn more about our student body before you apply.
- 161 students were accepted into Year Up Chicago between July 1, 2015 and June 30, 2016 (no additional students were admitted through new-start, re-enrollment, or transfers into the program)
- Of the 161 total students:
- 0 students transferred out of the program
- 34 students withdrew from the program
- 61 students are currently still enrolled
- 65 students have graduated from the program
- Of the 65 program graduates:
- 39 are employed full-time in their Year Up field of study
- 7 are employed outside of their field of study
- 15 are attending college
- 10 are unemployed and not in school
- 39 students took a state licensing or professional certification examination, 18 of whom passed
- 0 of the 46 graduates who are employed in their field of study found employment without Year Up placement assistance
- The average starting salary for all graduates who are employed is $18/hour
Complaints against Year Up Chicago may be registered with the Illinois Board of Higher Education.
Address: 1 N Old State Capitol Plaza, Springfield, IL 62701
Phone: (212) 557-7359
Online complaint system: http://complaints.ibhe.org/