You can apply to be a Year Up student if you are:
- 18-24 years old
- High school graduate or GED recipient
- Of low to moderate income
- A U.S. Citizen, permanent resident, or have an employment authorization card
- Available 5 days a week (Monday-Friday) for the full year of the program
- Highly motivated to learn new technical and professional skills
- Have not obtained a bachelor’s degree
Apply for a life-changing experience at Year Up.
88% of Chicago graduates are earning an average wage of $17 per hour or attending college full-time within four months of completing the program. You could be next!
Classes begin in spring and fall. Applications are considered on a rolling basis until the class is filled. We encourage you to apply early as space is limited.
Do you have DACA Status? Year Up strongly supports DACA and welcomes young adults with DACA status. For more information, visit our DACA GUIDANCE page.