Believe in your work and be proud of it
At Year Up, we’re passionate about closing the Opportunity Divide. If you share that passion, you’re in the right place. You’ll be part of a team that’s mission-driven, committed to excellence, and actively fostering employees’ growth – all in a fast-growing organization working for real change for young adults across the country.
“Never in my life have I been around people so dedicated to changing the world. The amount of care and dedication that goes into guiding young adults while maintaining the respect that everyone deserves is a difficult balance to strike. The Year Up staff do this every day.”
-Cedrick Jones, Year Up graduate
Who is Year Up?
We think that the best way to get to know what it’s like to work at Year Up is to get to know some of our staff members and hear about their experiences working here, what keeps them motivated and how their roles fit into the larger mission of Year Up.
Connect with us
You can always check our website for updates on current positions and working at Year Up, but if you get tired of hitting your browser’s refresh button, there are other ways to stay up to date.
Connect on LinkedIn: Year Up Careers
Our Credo to Candidates
• We will do a great job explaining our mission, vision and values: Year Up is mission-driven above all, and we want to be sure you have a thorough understanding of what drives us.
• “First class” treatment for all: Interviews are time consuming, and we appreciate you and your time and efforts. We strive to make the process as enjoyable and seamless as possible for you. We will ensure that the number of interviews is kept to an absolute minimum. In all but the rarest cases, you will have no more than two visits and no more than five interviews.
• A team-based approach: At Year Up, we believe that if we hire great people and involve them in the hiring process, we will hire more great people.
• An understanding of how we interview: We have learned that interviews focused on specific areas of interest lead to the best hires. In the interview, we will focus on your fit with our mission, the job, work style, and leadership skills.
• Clear communication: We will supply you with all of the relevant facts and information at each stage of the process. Before any interview, you will receive an agenda that explains who you are meeting and why.
• Timing: After a phone interview or in-person meeting, we will not leave you wondering! While interviews take time, we will get back to you in days, not weeks.
• Commitment to diversity: Year Up is an inclusive organization and offers a culture that is welcoming to all.
• A Year Up Ambassador for each candidate: Those invited to participate in an interview will be provided with a single point of contact at Year Up for scheduling and questions.
Thank you again for your interest in Year Up. We look forward to learning more about you!